Hundreds of job seekers and students will receive a helping hand as Mayor Chokwe Lumumba and the city of Jackson host the Third Annual Jobs for Jacksonians Job Fair: Graduation Matters. The event will take place on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at the Metrocenter Mall.
Jacksonians who are seeking employment are urged to attend to discuss employment opportunities with business participants and to register with the city’s Jobs for Jacksonians Coordinator for future opportunities. To date, over 75 vendors will be on hand to discuss job opportunities. The 2013 job fair vendors include:
• Sylvester and Associates- Aflac
• Allegiance Staffing
• Allstate Insurance
• AmData Tax Solutions
• Avon Products, Inc.
• Bankers Life & Casulaty
• Capital City Security, Inc.
• Chhabra & Gibbs, PA
• Cintas Corporation
• City of Jackson’s Fire Department
• City of Jackson’s Personnel Department
• City of Jackson’s Police Department
• CRW Truck Driving Training School
• Elwood Staffing
• Employ US
• Employer Support of the Guard & Reserve
• Health Care Financial Services
• Ingalls Shipbuilding
• Innovative Staffing Services
• ITT Technical Institute
• Jackson Convention Complex
• Jackson Municipal Airport Authority
• KLLM Transport Services
• Lowe’s Home Improvement
• Milwaukee Electric Tool Corp.
• Mississippi Army National Guard
• Mississippi Department of Corrections
• Mississippi Department of Human Services
• Mississippi Public Broadcasting
• Mississippi State Personnel Board
• Mississippi Department of Education’s Teacher Center
• Mississippi Troops to Teachers
• My Joy, Inc.
• Neel-Schaffer, Inc.
• Primerica Financial Services
• PTM of Jackson, Inc. (JATRAN)
• Rountree Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
• Select Staffing
• Smith Barber College
• SOL Engineering Services LLC
• South Central Community Action Agency
• United States Department of Labor, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
• Waste Management
• Watkin & Shepard Trucking
• Wells Fargo Bank
• Spectrum Employment Agency, Inc.
• 16 WAPT News
• United States Army
• Mississippi Department of Employment Security
• Kelly Services
• Hope Credit Union
• Garrett Enterprises
• United States Navy
• Mississippi Children Home Services
• Metro Mechanical, Inc.
• Pizza Hut
• Jackie International
• Central Mississippi Medical Center
• Averitt Express
• Waffle House
• Antonelli College
• Belhaven University’s Adult Continuing Education Program
• Hinds Community College, Adult Education Department
• Hinds Community College, Office of Admissions
• Jackson State University’s School of Lifelong Learning
• Magnolia College of Cosmetology
• Mississippi College
• Mississippi State University’s Alternative Route Programs
• Strayer University
• Virginia College
• Rust College
• Academy of Hair Design
Other service providers will also be on hand to conduct interviews and resume writing seminars, and to share best practice tips to improve college preparedness. Local colleges and junior colleges will be represented to discuss educational opportunities as well.
Who: Anyone looking for a job
What: Job Fair
Where: Metro Center Mall, 1st Floor
When: September 25th, 2013
Time: 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Please bring resumes. For more information call 601-359-1406.