The Jackson Public Schools Food Service Department and the City of Jackson’s Parks and Recreation Department is hosting the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) for the summer. The SFSP is a federally funded program administered by the Mississippi Department of Education (MDE) that provides healthy meals for children during the summer months. This program is an alternative when school lunches are not readily available or where many children cannot afford healthy meals.
The Jackson Public Schools’ Food Service Department will be operating this free Summer Feeding Program for youths ages 18 and under from June 2–July 18.
Serving time will be 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Monday through Friday.
The following school sites are participating in the feeding program:
• Blackburn Middle Laboratory School, 1311 West Pearl Street
• Boyd Elementary School, 4531 Broadmeadow Drive
• Brown Elementary, 146 East Ash Street
• Chastain Middle School, 4650 Manhattan Road
• Clausell Elementary, 3330 Harley Street
• Galloway 186 Idlewild Street
• Key Elementary, 699 West McDowell Road
• Lake Elementary, 472 Mt. Vernon Avenue
• Lee Elementary, 330 Judy Drive
• Powell Middle School, 3655 Livingston Road
• Provine High School, 2400 Robinson Road
• Woodville Heights Elementary, 2930 McDowell Road
The JPS Summer Feeding program will be closed on July 4. Below is food schedule, (click to enlarge).