Refill Cafe’ Hiring President, Apply Now

The mission of the Refill Jackson Initiative (RJI) is to empower young adults who are seeking an improved quality of life, through tailored support and job training. In pursuit of this mission, RJI teaches our young adults soft and technical skills in a traditional classroom setting and on-the-job training.

More specifically, young adults enter the program in groups, or cohorts, of seven to 14 members each, spending 65 percent of their time in classes on topics ranging from anger management and resume-writing to financial education and professional dress. The cohort spends the remaining 35 percent of its time in on-the-job training opportunities practicing the basic necessary job skills they have discussed in the training room. Members earn a stipend each week, with other financial incentives in place to encourage saving and maintaining employment after graduating from the eight-week program. Upon successful completion of the program, graduates are offered four options for continued engagement with RJI for 10 additional months: 1) a paid four-month internship at a local business, 2) introductions to employers for interviews leading to employment, 3) further education, and/or 4) continued access to staff for support and social services as needed.

Click link to apply.

https://www.indeed.com/job/president-and-ceo-01a1d57fff6a6581

About Jackson State University, Center for University-Based Development (871 Articles)
We blog about things that are absolutely, positively West Jackson (Mississippi).

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: